Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: Cross & Morgan Store

The first store in Sylvan Grove (1877), owned by Messrs. Cross & Morgan. Herman Blythe is driving the team and A.B. Cross is standing in the doorway of the small building. The store still stands at the residence of Tommie Berger.

The first general store in Sylvan built in 1877 by Messrs. Cross & Morgan on the site of the original town. The second floor was used for church services, spelling matches, dances, meetings and social parties. The building still stands today on…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2