Early Filling Stations in Bonner Springs, Kansas

Dublin Core

Title

Early Filling Stations in Bonner Springs, Kansas

Subject

Filling stations over the years

Description

A collection of photographs taken by Urbin Rudell of filling stations in Bonner Springs, Kansas

Creator

Bonner Springs City Library

Publisher

Bonner Springs City Library

Contributor

Ella Mae Rudell-Mitchell

Collection Items

Derby Oil Company
This photo was taken about 1920. The Derby Oil Company was located on the corner of Oak and Nettleton. Several unidentified people are in the photo. It later became a Conoco Gas Station.

Skelly Oil Company
Photo of the Skelly Oil Company on Oak and Front Street, taken in the early 1930's. The date on the back of the photo is 1932. The David and Sons store is located across the street and the Royal Theater is on the right. Three unidentified employees…

Supreme Motor Oil Company
Supreme Motor Oil Company and Frey Ford located on the NW corner of Oak and 3rd Street.

Skelly Oil Company
Ernie Hymer built this Skelly Oil Company in the mid 1940's. It was located on the NW corner of Oak & 3rd Street. McCann & Love Motor Company, Garage and Truck Stop shared the building. Also pictured are three unidentified men.

Skelly Oil Company
A photo of the Skelly Oil Company located on the corner of Front and Oak Street was taken in the 1940's. It was rebuilt and owned by Lewis Wright. The Bonner Springs Dari Queen now sits on this location.

Skelly Gas Station
Photo taken of the Skelly Gas Station on Oak and Front Street. The photo was taken in the early 1940's. It was operated by Ernie Hymer. The vacant building to the left was the Kaw Valley Bus Station.

Mobil Gas Station
The Mobil Gas Station was owned by Harry Malone. It was located on Front St. between Oak and Cedar streets. Unidentified employee pictured. Photograph was undated.

Mobilgas Company
Postcard of Oak Street, Bonner Springs, KS looking south towards the Kansas River. The card is dated 1940 on the front and 1941 on the back. The Mobilgas Station is on the left and the Conoco Station is on the right.

Stephen Oil Company
The Stephen Oil Company & Garage was located at Front and Cedar streets. The photo is dated 1980.
View all 9 items

Comments

Kim D. Lopez

Since this essayuniverse.com grade miners information will help your children too when they will go to college and university life. And still when they will get into their professional lives. This practice will lead them to wonderful money-saving management.

Reply

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>


Warning: Declaration of Table_CollectionTree::findPairsForSelectForm($padding = '-') should be compatible with Omeka_Db_Table::findPairsForSelectForm(array $options = Array) in /var/www/www.recollectionsks.org/public_html/plugins/CollectionTree/models/Table/CollectionTree.php on line 0

Collection Tree